Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Good things come to those who wait.... and wait!

If you know me well enough, you have probably heard me complain about our Brady Bunch kitchen a time or two or ten. Most of you had probably given up hope that a remodel would ever REALLY happen. Well my dear friends, it's true! Good things come to those who wait. After three years of waiting, the kitchen renovation has begun.

HALLELUJAH! 

We are currently in the demolition phase and I am loving every minute of it. A new kitchen is worth our trip to the laundry mat this past Sunday to wash clothes. It is worth having holes in your wall and a big ugly gray box (which only means that we now have switches instead old school fuses), and it is worth eating out every night! We can not wait to see the finished product or to have our first dinner party in a brand spankin' new kitchen. I have decided to blog about the progress and share our newest journey with you guys!

BEFORE: Brady Bunch Style
At one point, there were doors on these cabinets. Almost two years ago, we thought we could handle painting the cabinets. HA! Packing it all up to be sold at our yard sale! So ready to put all of our NEW stuff in our NEW cabinets.
1953 Original!

Can't beat a kitchen and laundry room in one!




PROGRESS! 
September 29-October 6, 2010

Everything cleaned out!

Thank goodness that hideous fixture is GONE!!!!
Apparently, gingham wallpaper was in style at some point in the past 57 years.
New electrical box and the hole left by the old one (which will be fixed!!!). Will def. have to come up with something clever to hide that beast!
Move 'em out! Whoo Hoo! The start of no more gross cabinetry!

Yay for an actual laundry room!     


Stay tuned for scenes of a brand new kitchen for the Davis'! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I remember going to your house, but amazes me that I was so drunk that I didn't realize how bad it was. As hard of a time Jeremy gives me over stuff, I could have been busting on him for having his washing machine right beside his fridge. Haha love the captions though. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete